Skip to main content
How to create a shirt dress
- Choose two shirts to work with, preferably in matching fabrics or colors.(Note: Especially for the bottom garment, you’ll want shirts that are around two sizes bigger than what you’d normally wear.)
- Put the shirt on normally, leaving a few buttons undone at the top.
- “Step into” the second shirt, using the buttons to secure it in place just above your hip.
- Tuck the top shirt tightly into the bottom one, to ensure it tapers at the waist.
- Tie the sleeves of the bottom shirt in a bow across the front.