A Bit About Us
GANT is an original in American Sportswear with a European sophistication, offering contemporary high quality lifestyle clothes for men, women and kids. In addition, watches, footwear, eyewear, fragrance, underwear and home furnishings are licensed under the GANT brand. The company's passionate values are based on its authentic and innovative Ivy League American East Coast heritage, dating back to its inception in New Haven, CT, USA in 1949.
Since then the brand has been further developed with a European sophistication and today enjoys a global presence in over 60 countries with over 500 stores and 4000 selected retailers and our mission is to be the leading lifestyle brand in the world. The GANT world is about commitment to people and we do this through our strong employee values.
THE GANT GLOBAL VALUES
We are Authentic
Authenticity is crucial if we want to be perceived as sincere and credible in the marketplace. We encourage you to carry yourself in such a way that is always genuine.
We are Innovative
Challenging the status quo is in our DNA. Not only have we invented a variety of shirt details that are identifiable loved, we are also about approaching things in new ways. We encourage curiosity and creativity in our organization since we believe this only further nourishes our passion for style.
We are Passionate
We believe we are the most attractive brand in the world with a unique positioning, passionate for American sportswear and European sophistication. We are also passionate about the people we work with on a daily basis and the products that we offer.
Life is a long learning curve. In fact, we think that learning is so important that we've made it our credo to Never Stop Learning . We believe that training and developing you is paramount to our business. We are very proud to offer our employees ongoing product and customer service training and individual personal development, that is second to none!
The benefits we offer are: Generous clothing allowance, 50% discount, company sick pay, 28 days holiday, bonus scheme, pension and a reward and benefits programme which gives you discounts and cashback on 100's of external retailers and services.
Junior Merchandiser / Merchandiser (Maternity Cover - 6 months)
You must have at least 3 years' experience operating at either a Junior Merchandise level or 2 years' experience at Merchandiser level. The role is located at our head office in Basil Street, Knightsbridge, reporting directly to the Head of Buying & Merchandise.
- Budget planning, phased by week and for Ladies, Kids, Home, Footwear, Eyewear and Underwear
- Work with Head of B&M on Spend phasing, by delivery, gender
- Grading and re-grading of stores and profiling by category
- Space and density planning
- Tracking margin against budget
- Provide buyer with clear direction of options, product success and poor performers
- Re-forecast WSSI, highlighting over stock/ OTB/ terminal stock
- Re-forecast replenishment lines placing back up orders within the time constraints
- Working with Head of B&M on md planning taking into account stock level, budget and wholesale stock position
- Work with allocations team to ensure products arrive in store for key launch dates
- Ensure range plan and delivery schedule is maintained from beginning to end of season
- Work with Head of B&M on strategies for optimal cross channel stock management on your areas
- Plan and monitor stock levels for new store openings
- Month end and end of season analysis, lessons learnt
- Work with VM on key focus for stores and windows
- Presents sales figures during team weekly meetings
- Regular store visits and comp shops, reporting on lessons learnt
- Excellent excel skills and proven analytical skills
- Help develop team skills on a new retail allocation system
- Confident and approachable team player
- Passionate about Gant
We are seeking experienced Managers and Sales Consultants who can demonstrate our values and can give premium service to every GANT customer, every day.
- Store Manager - Bluewater
- Deputy Store Manager - Bristol or Reading
You will be responsible for assisting in the management of a GANT Retail store while reflecting the vision and goals associated with GANT UK and the GANT Brand. You will need to be able to meet management objectives while adhering to company Policies and Procedures and ensure that sales targets are achieved and where possible exceeded. Your excellent customer service skills will ensure you can generate sales and increase units/transactions and average spend. You need good VM skills to enable you to display merchandise in a commercial manner and in line with commercial standards. You must have a passion for retail and preferably have worked for a premium brand. You will be enthusiastic, pro-active and act as a role model for your team, ensuring everyone represents the brand in the way they dress and assist customers.
- Senior Sales Advisor – Stratford
- Part Time Sales Advisor – St. Pancras
You will be responsible for assisting in the customer experience and sales for the GANT Retail store while reflecting the vision and goals associated with GANT UK and the GANT Brand. You must have a passion for retail, be enthusiastic and pro-active.