A Bit About Us
GANT is a premium lifestyle brand combining American casualwear with European elegance. The company's values are based on its authentic American East Cost heritage, dating back to the launch of the brand in 1949. Since then the brand has been further developed, taking influence from Europe, and is now a truly global brand.
GANT offers full ranges of clothing for men, women and children. In addition, GANT branded watches, footwear, eyewear and fragrance and home furnishings are designed and marketed by licensees. At present there are 18 GANT stores in the UK. Our lifestyle products are sold at other retail locations, including Harrods, selected branches of John Lewis and House of Fraser, as well as major independent stores throughout the UK.
We are always very keen to hear from enthusiastic, motivated people with a passion for retail and fashion. Opportunities come up in our retail stores, brand corners and head office from time to time, so if there is nothing on our vacancy list that is right for you at the moment, please just send us your CV and we will keep it on file. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Junior Merchandiser / Merchandiser (Maternity Cover - 6 months)
You must have at least 3 years' experience operating at either a Junior Merchandise level or 2 years' experience at Merchandiser level. The role is located at our head office in Basil Street, Knightsbridge, reporting directly to the Head of Buying & Merchandise.
- Budget planning, phased by week and for Ladies, Kids, Home, Footwear, Eyewear and Underwear
- Work with Head of B&M on Spend phasing, by delivery, gender
- Grading and re-grading of stores and profiling by category
- Space and density planning
- Tracking margin against budget
- Provide buyer with clear direction of options, product success and poor performers
- Re-forecast WSSI, highlighting over stock/ OTB/ terminal stock
- Re-forecast replenishment lines placing back up orders within the time constraints
- Working with Head of B&M on md planning taking into account stock level, budget and wholesale stock position
- Work with allocations team to ensure products arrive in store for key launch dates
- Ensure range plan and delivery schedule is maintained from beginning to end of season
- Work with Head of B&M on strategies for optimal cross channel stock management on your areas
- Plan and monitor stock levels for new store openings
- Month end and end of season analysis, lessons learnt
- Work with VM on key focus for stores and windows
- Presents sales figures during team weekly meetings
- Regular store visits and comp shops, reporting on lessons learnt
- Excellent excel skills and proven analytical skills
- Help develop team skills on a new retail allocation system
- Confident and approachable team player
- Passionate about Gant
- Store Manager - Bluewater
- Deputy Store Manager - Bristol or Reading
You will be responsible for assisting in the management of a GANT Retail store while reflecting the vision and goals associated with GANT UK and the GANT Brand. You will need to be able to meet management objectives while adhering to company Policies and Procedures and ensure that sales targets are achieved and where possible exceeded. Your excellent customer service skills will ensure you can generate sales and increase units/transactions and average spend. You need good VM skills to enable you to display merchandise in a commercial manner and in line with commercial standards. You must have a passion for retail and preferably have worked for a premium brand. You will be enthusiastic, pro-active and act as a role model for your team, ensuring everyone represents the brand in the way they dress and assist customers.
- Senior Sales Advisor - Stratford
- Brand Consultant - House of Fraser, Oxford Street, London.
You will be responsible for assisting in the customer experience and sales for the GANT Retail store while reflecting the vision and goals associated with GANT UK and the GANT Brand. You must have a passion for retail, be enthusiastic and pro-active.